DATE POSTED: July 15, 2018 LOCATION: Edmonton, AB
Nason Contracting Group Ltd. is currently seeking applications for the position of a Carpenter Foreperson for exciting opportunities in our Commercial Division in the Edmonton area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirement
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and/or other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and or roof systems
- Fit and install trim items such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware.
- Direct and mentor the crew
The successful candidate should possess the following skills/attributes:
- To be considered for this position you must be a journeyperson in the trade of Carpentry
- Good Physical Condition and able to twist and bend, and perform repetitive type movements
- Able to push/pull (up to 30 lbs)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Able to work at heights
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in commercial construction
- Have previous supervisory experience in a commercial setting
Possess the following tickets:
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Arrest Training
- Elevated Work Platform Training
- Scaffold Erection/Dismantling Training
All candidates must be able to produce negative results on a drug & alcohol test and pass a pre-employment fitness test.
This is a position with excellent benefits, challenging work, and training and development opportunities with a commitment to a good work-life balance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for Nason, however only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.