DATE POSTED: September 17, 2018 LOCATION: Nisku, AB
Nason Contracting Group Ltd. is currently seeking application for the position of Material Handler/Shipper/Receiver at our Fabrication Shop in Nisku, AB.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Make sure the onsite workers have all the equipment, materials or supplies accessible throughout the day
- Load, unload and transport construction materials locally when required using a 1-ton truck and trailer
- Unpack, route and transfer yard materials to appropriate storage areas while maintaining good housekeeping
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against purchase orders or other documents
- Discard salvaged materials
- Organize and inventory yard material
- Stack, organize and prepare material for delivery
- Prepares crates for material transfer
- Unload, organize, and inventory project site materials
- Ensuring safe work practices, EH&S processes and OH&S compliance are followed on-site
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Valid Forklift and Rough Terrain Tickets
- Valid Class 5 license (no GDL licenses)
- Fabrication facility experience (will be given preference)
- Possess an industrial understanding of mechanical components and structural steel material – heat numbers, material sizes and types
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions, able to interpret drawings, bill of materials and various other specifications
- Must be organized, self-driven and available to work outside regular business hours if required
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
This is a permanent position with excellent benefits, challenging work, training and development opportunities with a commitment to a good work-life balance.
All candidates must be able to produce a negative result on a drug & alcohol test.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for Nason, however only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.