DATE POSTED: May 7, 2018 LOCATION: Edmonton, AB
Nason Contracting Group Ltd. is currently seeking applications for the position of Carpenters for exciting opportunities in our Commercial Division in the Edmonton area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirement
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and/or other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and or roof systems
- Fit and install trim items such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills/attributes:
- To be considered for this position you must be a registered Apprentice or Journeyperson in the trade of Carpentry
- Good Physical Condition and able to twist and bend, and perform repetitive type movements
- Able to push/pull (up to 30 lbs)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Able to work at heights
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in commercial construction
Possess the following tickets:
- Fall Arrest Training
- Elevated Work Platform Training
- Scaffold Erection/Dismantling Training
All candidates must be able to produce negative results
on a drug & alcohol test and pass a pre-employment fitness test.
This is a position with excellent benefits, challenging work, and training and development opportunities with a commitment to a good work-life balance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for Nason, however only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.